Food business operators (FBO) must complete another submission even though FSSAI registration is required: FSSAI renewal. The FSSAI license validity must be renewed as soon as possible once it expires. Please take note that the FSSAI registration process and renewal process are both required. We’ll learn about a few significant and often asked questions about the FSSAI license renewal procedure in this article.
What Is the Importance of FSSAI Renewal?
By requesting a renewal, the FBO must make sure that his or her FSSAI license remains in good standing. He or she needs to monitor the renewal procedure because any delays will result in severe penalties. The FSSAI license will be deemed invalid if the food business owner fails to renew by the deadline. The FBO won’t be allowed to continue its food business operations in this case. As a result, it is advised to stay informed about the Food license renewal process.
What Is the Validity of FSSAI?
The validity of the FSSAI is established for a short time, which might range from one to five years. The license’s validity can be chosen by the business owner depending on their needs. Any renewal should be completed as soon as possible before the validity term expires, regardless of the reason.
How Many Days Are Provided to Renew FSSAI License Prior to Its Expiry?
120 days before the validity of the food registration or license expires, the food business operator must apply for the FSSAI license.
What Happens If I Don’t Renew My FSSAI License?
If the FSSAI license is not renewed, you will be fined $100 per day. It is determined as of the FSSAI license’s validity expiration date.
What Is the Procedure for FSSAI Renewal?
The steps for the renewal process are listed below. A website called FLRS, which stands for Food Licensing and Registration System, was developed by the FSSAI.
- You must first go to the FLRS website and log in with your username and password. Existing users can access the FLRS platform by logging in.
- You must click the “Apply for Renewal of Registration or License” tab.
- On your screen, a pop-up list will be presented to you. Simply choose the relevant link and press the ‘Proceed’ button.
- A confirmation notice with the question “Are you sure? ” will appear on your screen. Do you wish to apply for a license renewal? To continue, click the “OK” button.
- You will now be required to upload all required forms and supporting documentation to the FLRS portal.
- Once the forms and documents have been uploaded, carefully review them before clicking the “Submit” button.
- An ARN will be given to you (Artificial Reference Number).
Write down this ARN so you can track the progress of the FSSAI registration/license renewal process in the future.
How to Contact FSSAI
You will receive an email from the FSSAI department once your license has been renewed. Contact the FSSAI department if you want to modify or change your license. On the application status, you can see an officer’s contact information.
Note – Your renewal procedure will be deemed incomplete if you don’t confirm your response by clicking the ok button. You must begin the renewal process from scratch.
What Are the Documents Required for FSSAI Renewal?
Applicants will be required to submit supporting documentation with their application form during the renewal process. Form A – If your FBO’s annual revenue is less than 12 lakhs, you must file this form. You must submit Form B if your FBO’s annual revenue ranges from 12 lakhs to 2 crores. You must have all of the documentation listed below on hand in order to complete the FSSAI renewal process.
- Fee for FSSAI license.
- copy of one’s declaration.
- If necessary, identity verification such as ( voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Aadhar card)
As soon as you submit an application for an FSSAI license renewal, you may start your setup. You are not required to seek permission from the government. The applicant will have a physical examination following communication with the FSSAI department regarding the renewal process. As soon as you receive a green signal from them, you can start your activity.