People have become increasingly dependent on the Aadhar as a means of identification. In terms of identification, it is regarded as the biggest project in the world. It is therefore critical to ensure that the information in the Aadhar is accurate, as it serves as proof of identification and address for all Indian citizens.
Aadhar Cards can only be changed or updated a certain number of times. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) announced in 2019 that it limits people’s ability to change or update information on their Aadhar Cards, such as names, genders, and birth dates.
But don’t worry, everything has been outlined clearly and concisely. In addition, we will ensure that the change is notified in your Aadhar Card without any hassle. Find out more by reading on.
Changing Gender in an Aadhar Card: Process to Follow
Every Indian citizen is issued an Aadhar number, which is a 12-digit identification number. The UIDAI’s official website now lets Aadhar Card holders update their age, gender, and date of birth online. You cannot link your PAN with your Aadhar Card unless the information on your Aadhar Card matches the information on your PAN.
In situations where names are changed sporadically, such as spelling corrections (phonetically identical), name changes after marriage, or short-forms to full-forms, people are able to update their names. The sum paid entitles people to change two areas (such as gender and name) in one attempt for a fee of *50.
According to the memorandum, gender information can only be updated once. It may be necessary for the Aadhar Card holder to visit the regional office of the Unique Identification Authority of India if they wish to update the gender on their Aadhar Card more than the required number of times.
How Does Exceptional Handling Work?
The procedure is as follows if the gender needs to be updated more than once:
- An Aadhar update or enrollment center must be visited to update the gender.
- Due to the excessive number of updates, the person must write a plea to accept the gender update, which is made via Aadhar enrollment, to the Unique Identification Authority of India’s regional office via mail or email. In addition to providing a photocopy of the URN slip, Aadhar information, and relevant proof details, the person must explain why their plea should be accepted. Send an email to email@example.com. No physical visit is necessary unless otherwise stated.
- To determine if the gender update request is legitimate, the UIDAI regional office must conduct due diligence. A field investigation may be conducted by the UIDAI regional office if needed.
- Upon determining that a gender update request is bona fide by the UIDAI regional office, it will be sent to the technical center for further processing or reprocessing if necessary.
Please note: If the department does not follow the specified formats and processes, the gender update request may be rejected. The department must receive a new application if the gender change form is denied. To ensure there are no errors made and that your legal needs are met, it’s best to consult with a legal specialist.
Change of Gender Documents
The following documents are required for a gender change in an Aadhar card:
- Aadhar, Passport, and Voter ID copies which are self-advertised
- A passport-sized photograph that has been self-attested
- An announcement of a person’s gender change in a newspaper
- A specimen proforma duly signed by the applicant and two witnesses
- The applicant’s declaration that the contents of the application are true and accurate.
- A registration fee and a letter of request to the authority are required.
The Unique Identification Authority of India requires people to have a registered cell phone number in order to change their gender online. The One-Time Password (OTP) for Aadhar verification will only be sent to registered cell phone numbers. Aadhar update/enrollment centers or Aadhar Seva Kendras must be visited if it hasn’t been done yet.
How to Change the Gender on an Aadhar Card
In order to change the gender of your Aadhar, follow these steps:
- Your Aadhar can be updated by visiting https://uidai.gov.in and clicking “Update Aadhar”. To update demographic data online, tap on the “update demographic data online” option.
- The next step is to update the gender details on your Aadhar card. The first step is to sign in with your 12-digit unique Aadhar number and to input the captcha code shown. Your registered mobile number will receive an OTP. Passwords must be entered.
- The next step is to select the option for ‘update demographic data’. You must then tap on the ‘gender’ option from the menu after selecting the gender data field. Your registration cell phone number will be used to receive the One-time Password from the portal so that you can correct or change the gender details on your account.
- You will be taken to another tab after continuing. From your laptop or desktop, you must enter the exact gender and upload all the valid documents. Photos must be in pdf, jpeg, or png format, and the scanned document must not exceed 2 MB. Upon punching in the captcha code, you will receive a One-time Password on your registered cell phone number.
- In order to use any of the digital payment methods provided, you must pay a charge of *50. After receiving a successful transaction text message, you can download the receipt and application. Both old and new genders will be clearly displayed.