Documents required to register property as a minor
If you choose to register the property in the name of a trustee, you will have to get your parents or your guardian to get a no-obligation letter.
This letter will confirm that they are not making the purchase to help you financially, but rather as trustees to hold the property in trust for you. To get more details on the Registration of Land we are here to help you.
If you choose to get your parents to buy the Property Registration in your name, you will have to get the following documents: –
- A letter stating that they are buying the property for you and not helping you financially.
- A letter from your school or college confirming that you are a minor and studying there.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A letter from your parents’ bank confirming the source of their funds.
- A letter from a lawyer confirming the source of their funds. If you choose to get your parents to buy the property in their name, and then transfer it to you once you turn 18 years old, you will have to get the following documents:
- A letter from your parents confirming that they are buying the property for you and not helping you financially.
These are necessary documents for Registration of Property Online in 2022.
Land Registration Laws in European Countries:-
In France, minors can make property registration for themselves. To do this, the minor must be at least 15 years old and present a birth certificate, marriage certificate or declaration of paternity.
However, the minor should not be able to make a decision on their own regarding the sale or purchase of real estate. The seller or seller’s agent can also make property registration on behalf of the minor if they are at least 18 years old. They must have their own signature and stamp to do so.
The minor can also sign documents as a witness. The French Property Registry allows minors to register their own properties with the same rights and obligations as adults. For example, they can claim the annual value-added tax (VAT) and social security contributions (Cotisations sociales).
Laws for Property Registration in USA:-
In some states, minors can register a property without a parent or guardian. For instance, in New York, minors can register a property without a parent or guardian to the probate court. Minors can also make home improvements and make changes to their property.
There are some limitations to consider when registering a property alone. For instance, minors cannot buy alcohol or firearms, and they must have the permission of their parents before they can change their name or get married.
When you’re 17 years old, you can make all your major legal decisions on your own. This includes buying alcohol and firearms, changing your name, and getting married. You may also be able to register a car and make other property improvements without your parents’ permission.
So before taking any decision to make a property registration in India Just Check With the Experts Advice.