Einvoice1.gst.gov.in is a website developed to generate invoice e-invoice reference numbers for the smooth functioning of goods and services tax for big businesses. GTSN introduced this final version of the e-invoice in the GST portal after successfully testing the trial portal for multiple use cases. It serves as a separate portal for all e-invoicing activities.
Below is a list of how the e-invoicing portal benefits:
- The taxpaying public
- Tracks invoices and uploads them
- Bulk invoice uploading is made easier with this tool2.
The GST Network (GST Network)
- Taxpayers can be onboarded
INVOICE1.gst.gov.in Has The Following Facilities
E-invoice portal features and facilities include:
- Taxpayers’ registration in the e-invoicing platform
- By using the bulk upload option, a separate invoice reference number can be created
- The invoice information is validated and verified using the IRN
- Searching for the taxpayer, pin code, goods, signed e-invoice, and master quotes to retract IRN
- The IRN has been canceled
- Creating e-invoices and printing them
- Report generation for management information systems
- Providing permission for a sub-user to create IRNs, delete IRNs, or generate reports related to IRNs
Creating an Account on the E-invoicing Portal
- Here are some things you should know before creating an account on an e-invoicing portal
- Upon accessing the e-invoicing portal’s homepage, you need to understand each section’s purpose.
- You can use this section to get details about implementation as well as the new features of e-invoicing.
- You can find information on forms, rules, circulars, and notifications related to e-invoicing under GST law in this section.
- Here you can find user manuals for managing IRNs, FAQs, and tools for creating IRNs in bulk.
This section allows you to search for:
- Enter the GSTIN of the taxpayer to find out their details
- By entering the pin code, you can find the name of the state
- By entering the HSN code, you will be able to find more information about products and services
- By uploading the JSON-signed e-invoice file, QR code & signature verification can be verified
- Your e-invoice status by entering your GSTIN
- Providers of GST Suvidha
- Codes for states, country codes, HSN’s, ports, currencies, and UQCs
The following files can be downloaded from this section:
- Verifying QR codes with an app
- A sample signed e-invoice in JSON format
- The QR code in a nutshell
- FAQs about QR codes
- The public key for e-invoices generated during the respective periods of the IRN generation
E-invoice Portal: How to create an account
The first step to creating an account on the e-invoice portal is to click on the “login” button.
Step2: To register, click “Register here” in the next window.
einvoice gst gov in only available to taxpayers with an annual turnover of over 500 crores. However, those with less turnover will also be able to register as soon as it is available.
A GSTIN number is required for the creation of an e-invoicing account.
Step 3: When the window opens, enter your GSTIN number, and the software will automatically fill in your organization’s name under Trade Name. You will then need to enter your GST Registered number, and email address, and solve the captcha puzzle.
In order to locate GST-registered businesses, the website requests your information.
Step 4: A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to you once you have filled in your information in the e-invoice account creation portal.
Step 5: Click the ” Validate ” button at the bottom of the page once you have received the OTP.
Please wait a few minutes while the site validates your taxpayer information. Once it confirms that you have a yearly turnover of greater than 500 crores, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 6: You will be prompted to click “OK” in the pop-up that appears on your screen.
Step 7: Confirm your steps by clicking on “Send OTP” and “OK.”
Step 8: Enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile phone or e-mail address.
The next step in creating your account is to create a username and password. You can create your account by scrolling down and clicking “Create”.
Step 9: If you register your email address and phone number, you will receive your “Client ID” and “Client Secret” via email and phone.
Step 10: After completing your information authentication and creating a username and password, you will be able to log in to the e-invoicing site.
Step 11: The next step is to enter your ” GST number”, ” Client ID”, ” Username”, and ” Password” and then solve the captcha. As soon as you are done, click “Submit.”
A better alternative is to use myBillBook’s e-invoicing software. In addition to invoicing and accounting, myBillBook also assists you in GST reporting, inventory management, and e-way billing.