As a general rule, when a union or an employer would like to modify or amend the certification of a bargaining unit, either by adding new titles or removing older titles, they apply for an AC petition, also known as an Amendment of Certification. The petition can also be used when titles need to be changed or to be dated out of a bargaining unit, as well as for title accretion when a community of interest exists and the employees are already a part of the bargaining unit.
As part of a number of laws that are applicable to labor working in various sectors and industries in India. In a factory or industry, it’s all about the types of wages and working hours the workers are required to work and the types of working hours they are responsible for. Our country, after being granted independence, has made several amendments in regard to the labour law advisor and how they should be drafted in a way that brings about the development of the labor force in our country. According to the petition submitted by the AC, one is either seeking to amend the certification of one who acts as a bargaining agent or to revoke it altogether.
The legal rights of the workers, the types of difficulties they must face on a daily basis, wage and employment benefits, and the union’s role is some of the segments that discuss major labor benefit concerns for the workers. As part of the AC petition process, there is a specific form that must be filled out. There are a few important parts of it that are worth mentioning:
- In the first place, the form explains why the AC petition was filed, and that the petitioner is applying for it because it is necessary to amend and alter the certification that was previously made under the NLRB, as well as any other certifications that have already been made.
- During the interview process, certain details need to be noted, such as the name of the employer and the city, state, and street address, as well the name and title of the employer’s representative, as well as the address, telephone, and fax number, and other details like the type of establishment (wholesale company, factory, or mine).
- In the description of the certified unit, it is mentioned where the varieties are included and excluded and what the purpose of certification is. Moreover, as part of the AC petition, the AC should include a description of the nature of the amendment in order for it to be considered credible. It would also be helpful if the petition would specify clearly why suddenly it appears there is a need for an amendment of the title at a specific stage of the company’s operation.
- Furthermore, there is a section where the name and address of the bargaining agent are included, as well as phone numbers, fax numbers, mobile numbers, and e-mail addresses. In addition, there is a space for marking the date of the current contract (which contains the date, month, and year of the contract). A reference is made to organizations and individuals who act as representatives of the employees who are requesting clarification or amendments to their employment contract.
- Additionally, there is a section of the form that is intended to be used by the petitioner’s representative who will do all of the paper processing on his behalf.