License for OSP
Telecom services include ‘Other Service Providers (OSPs) under the New Telecom Policy (NTP), 1999. Through telecom resources provided by authorized telecom service providers, the OSPs in India offer services such as telebanking, teletrading, telemedicine, e-commerce, network operation centers, call centers, and other IT-enabled services.
A telecom resource is a telecom facility that the OSP uses to provide services. As part of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885, the Indian Telegraph Network (ISDN), Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN), Public Switched Telecom Network (PSTN) and telecom bandwidth are provided by authorized telecom service providers.
According to the Telecom Commission, OSPs can only use telecom resources that are provided by authorized telecom providers as a result of the terms and conditions formulated in February 2000. They cannot infringe on the jurisdiction of other authorised telecom service providers and cannot provide switched telephony.
OSP License Documents Required
Documents required for OSP Licence include:
- Registrar of Companies certificate of incorporation for the company.
- Association Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Attested signatures of the authorized signatory on the Board resolution or Power of Attorney.
- Describe the proposed OSP’s business or activities in brief.
- Here is a list of the company’s current directors.
- Shareholding pattern of the company at present.
In addition to the documents listed above, one of the directors or statutory auditors, or a public notary, should certify all of them.
The validity of the OSP license
OSP Registrations/Licenses are valid for twenty years from the date they are issued. After the expiration of the twenty years, the validity can be extended by ten years at a time at the request of the OSP. In order to extend your dot osp license, you must do so during the 19th year of your registration period.
If there are any changes to the company’s name or address stated at the time of registration, OSPs should inform the DoT immediately and provide supporting documentation.
The types of OSP
There are two types of OSP:
It is Domestic OSPs that provide telebanking services, tele-trading services, telemedicine services, e-commerce services, call centers, and network operation centers to Indian customers within their national borders.
OSPs around the world
It is an OSP that provides services such as telebanking, tele-trading, telemedicine, e-commerce, network operations, call centers, and other IT-enabled services outside the national boundaries, i.e. outside of India.
Is a DOT OSP license required in India?
Whether you want to start with an IT-enabled service or a BPO, call center, or e-commerce service, you will need telecommunication allied services.
Defining the term
- It is the domain of authorized telecom service providers to provide such IT-enabled services as telebanking, telemedicine, Tele-education, teletrading, e-commerce, call centers, network operations centers, and other IT-enabled services.
- The company that provides application services is OSP.
- As part of the application service infrastructure, OSP utilizes facilities for public switched telecom networks, integrated services digital networks, and broadband networks without restrictions. Telecom bandwidth is provided by authorized service providers that have a valid license under the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885.
- The Part-XI (Sections 591 to 608) of the 1956 Company Act lays out very specific requirements for a company that is registered under it.
- ‘Domestic OSP’ refers to a company inside the national boundary, which is inside the international border.
- OSPs that are offered internationally are called international OSPs.
- An OSP point of presence carries and collects telecom traffic-related services from a location as an extension of the center.