- Finding the right name for your business is key to making it easy to remember and easy to understand. Choosing the wrong name can have a hard time getting customers to use your product or service.If the name is too difficult to read or remember, it will also hurt your marketing materials.
- You also have to find a name that is easy to spell and pronounce.
- This helps people remember what you do and how you can make your dreams come true. Also, your business name should fit in one sentence, not too long or too short. Finally, check the name on a company name lookup website to make sure it doesn’t violate your own name.
- Things to Consider When Choosing a
- Company Name There are many things to consider when looking for a
- company name. Here are some tips:
- Make sure your business name is meaningful to others and solves problems.
- Avoid names that sound like popular brands, especially those owned by other companies or people you know personally.
- Beware of names with racial or cultural connotations (such as “Chinatown”). Avoid names that look like they were invented by the
- Committee (e.g. “Mushroomclouds”).
- Choose a name that is easy for people to say, remember, and pronounce in different languages (eg Google).
- Consider how often your company name should be used in conversation. The name should be easy to remember, but not too familiar.
Check the availability of suggested names on sites such as Namebench. This helps us see if it’s available and trademarked.
You may also consider searching for similar names in the Indian and US markets and other industries the company may serve.
Can my company name be rejected?
Attempting to register a domain name may seem like a simple task. Enter the website address and wait for the results. However, your company may be rejected when you try to register your company name for a variety of reasons, including: B. Trademark Infringement or Keyword Misuse.
There are many reasons why a company name is rejected, but the most common reasons are:
Too close to the name of another company
Too close to the name of another company. For example, if you have a company named “Apple Inc”, another company named “Apple Inc” will be rejected because it is too close.
It’s Too Generic
The name is too generic or generic. For example, if you have a company named “ABC Company” and another named “BAC Company”, both will be rejected because they are too familiar in the industry. Avoid abbreviations at first, but also energetic and long ones.
Name is not unique
The words used in the name are not unique. If your company is called “Lazarus”, another company named “Lazarus2” will probably be rejected.
Company name cannot exceed 8 characters. Names longer than this are difficult for most people to remember and may be difficult to read.
Long names can be difficult to type into search engines and other websites. If your company name is less than 5 characters, consider a nickname or acronym instead of your full name.
On the other hand, if you use a short name that sounds like a
brand or product name that is too short, it can confuse potential investors. Do who it serves. It also limits the amount of capital that can be raised under such a short name unless there is an existing brand associated with it.
Does not contain company keywords
When choosing a company name, make sure it includes a word that describes who you are as a company:
“Website Design” or “Website Development” is better than “Website Designers, Inc.”
Is culturally offensive or stereotypical
Choosing a stereotypically or culturally offensive name is the quickest way to reject it. Even if your company helps people with disabilities or cultures, it’s generally best not to mention them in your name.
How do I know if my company name has been plagiarized?
Before registering a trademark, you must verify that the proposed trademark does not infringe any existing or pending trademark registrations . To do this, you will need to search the Internet for the names of the other parties using the same trademark. If the other party has registered a trademark, it cannot be used without the other party’s permission.
You discover that another party has registered a trademark with the same or similar spelling and/or pronunciation as yours. In this case, it could mean that you already have rights to the same brand. Contact our experts to make your company name search very easy. Three Tips for Choosing a Business Name There are two first things to consider when choosing a name for your business. Adam sounds catchy, but these tend to be reserved for his group of large conglomerates that don’t need to be advertised by name. On the one hand, your business needs to be known by as many people as possible, and a name that says nothing about what you actually do can’t do that.
Register your domain name early!
The most important tip many new business owners miss is to register their domain name on time. Even if you’ve only been naming it for a few days, your domain can still be snagged by random people.
Use the company name search site You can use her
company name search site to see if your company name is listed. This way, you can determine if the name you choose for your startup is available and whether it is a good fit for your particular company. This step is very important as it helps avoid potential roadblocks when starting a business.
The main advantage of using a site like this is that it provides information about the exact status of a particular company name so you don’t have to deal with uncertainty when starting a business.
The need to do a trademark search before starting a business is nothing new. Still, it sucks to finally decide on a name for your business (and possibly even register it) and find out that another company already owns it. A good search takes time, but it’s worth it, and Vakilsearch can help. Best to ask for advice. Otherwise, one day you may have an unpleasant surprise when an alert arrives in your mailbox.